Best Brazilian In Reno
Hot Stones, and Aromatherapy are incorporated into this silky smooth service! Breathing techniques are incorporated to help ease Anxiety and Pain, finished off with an All Natural Analgesic Balm, and Natural Ingrown Hair Product for a safe, clean and effective service. Try it out, you will like it and your husband will love it!
Waxing–Frequently Asked Questions
Who will be Waxing Me?
Nevada State Licensed and Insured female Esthetician.
What is a Bikini Wax?
The Bikini Wax is hair removed that would be showing outside of your bathing suit or underwear. We give you disposable bikini underwear during your Bikini Wax appointment.
What is a Brazilian Bikini Wax?
The Brazilian Wax is removing all the hair from underneath the belly button continuing to the backside. Some people choose to leave a strip or a triangle on the top. In order for you to receive a Brazilian Wax, you’ll need to be naked from the waist down. It may seem uncomfortable, but I have waxed many women, so you can feel secure about discretion and professionalism.
How long of hair should I have?
Ideally the hair needs to be at least a 1/4 inch to a 1/2 inch long in order to be waxed. (Usually about 10 days -2weeks of hair growth after shaving). No need to trim or buzz before your wax. I will take care of all that if needed.
Will my Brazilian Wax hurt?
After regular waxing sessions your re-growth will become thinner, finer and softer, which makes it easier and less painful if you keep up with regular waxes. (one of the major benefits of being a regular). Avoid caffeine and alcohol for 24 hours before your wax. Take an mild anti-inflammatory medication (like Ibuprofen) 1hour prior to your appointment. Most women find waxing to be very tolerable.
Can I tan after my wax?
You should not tan within 48hours of before or after you wax. Waxing has an exfoliating effect on the skin and will make you temporarily more susceptible to sunburn and sensitivity. Wait to come in after a spray tan, or wax will exfoliate the tan right off. Spray tan after your waxing appointment.
Are there any age restrictions?
You must be 18 years of age or have a parental approval/signature to be a client.
Can I get waxed while I’m on my period?
You can still get waxed while you are on your period. I suggest that you wear a tampon. With the extra blood flow in the area, you are a lot more sensitive during this time.
How long will I stay red?
The skin may stay red and tender anywhere from 1 to 24 hours depending on your skin’s sensitivity.
What about Ingrown Hairs?
EXFOLIATE, EXFOLIATE, EXFOLIATE !!! I advise ALL individuals who receive body waxing to exfoliate on a daily basis. You may get ingrown hairs if you’re not exfoliating. I recommend using a soft bristled brush, or exfoliation mitts along with a moisturizer. We will discuss these issues during your waxing appointment.
I’m Pregnant, can I get waxed?
Brazilian Waxing during your pregnancy is perfectly normal and not harmful to you or your baby at all. Your skin may be a little more sensitive during this special time.
How long will my wax last?
Depending on your rate of hair growth, the average you should be hair-free for at least 2 to 3 weeks. Most people do well on a waxing schedule of every 4-6 weeks.
What should I do to prepare for my wax?
It is always helpful to exfoliate and take a mild anti-inflammatory medication (like ibuprofen) before a wax service. This will help to reduce skin redness and swelling – and will help to keep you calm if you get nervous easily. Also avoid caffeine and alcohol 24 hours before your waxing service. They are stimulants and they only increase your blood flow and make the experience more nerve wrecking.
Waxing is a very personal service but you are in good hands! Your licensed Esthetician is experienced, friendly and professional. I will guide you through the process and make you feel comfortable and happy.
What exactly is a Brazilian Wax?
It is when a professional technician removes, by way of hot wax, most or all of the hair from “down there”.
What happens when you get a Brazilian Wax?
Well. You do have to bare all in front of a stranger, which can be awkward. But know this-you don’t have ANYTHING I haven’t seen before. After you strip down your hair may be trimmed. Then oil and powder is applied so that the wax doesn’t stick to the skin. With a wooden wax stick the wax is applied to the area, then a strip of cloth. Now for the pulling!! Remember, the more you wax, the more you will get used to it. When we are done any strays will be tweezed and an analgesic cream with aloe and essential oils is applied to the area.
• The Brazilian Wax was introduced in New York in 1987 when seven Brazilian sisters, Jocely, Jonice, Joyce, Janea, Jussara, Juracy, and Judseia Padilha (otherwise known as the “J sisters”) opened a salon.
• If you have not gotten waxed before, maybe start with a bikini wax (just the sides), then move to a Brazilian wax
• Make sure you are very clean before you go to your appointment and no need to use lotion in or around that area.
• You are more sensitive around your period so you may want to schedule it for a week before or after.
• If you are worried about the pain, try a couple Advils or apply a topical anesthetic about 20 minutes before your appointment.
• Things to NOT do for 48 hours: intercourse, tanning beds, saunas, steam rooms, really hot baths or showers, wearing very tight panties, scrubbing.
• You might get ingrown hairs. Exfoliate the area with a salicylic acid scrub (wait 48 hours to do so) and a natural fiber washcloth. I can help you with products.
• A Brazilian Wax can last anywhere from 2-4 weeks depending on your hair growth.
• When the re-growth comes in, it should be thinner and more sparse then before since you are pulling it out at the root as opposed to shaving it-bonus!
A Brazilian Wax is $55 for new clients, $45 for regular repeat clients.